At 06:21 PM 1/16/2006, je killen wrote:
I've obtained two SCSI hard drives made by Maxtor that have 80 pin connectors and no power connector port. This isn't necessarily relevant to FreeBSD accept that i'm planning on using them in a FreeBSD installation. I'm only aware of 50 pin SCSI and 68 pin SCSI. I've tried to contact Maxtor to get advice on a PCI adapter
and cables to use with these units but haven't gotten a reply.
Can any one give me some info on how to set these drives up hardware wise?
Or if they can be used, maybe I made a mistake getting them, but they are 18GB 15 k drives and were $75 apiece from Tiger Direct. two of them will give me 36 GB to use for a web server /usr and /var partitions. And i"ll use SATA
drives for RAID back up.

You need an adapter to use those drives.  Something like this:
http://www.bixnet.com/sca80pinscsi.html

If you look around a bit you can probably find some cheaper. The link above was from a quick search, but there are a lot of places that sell the adapters.

-Glenn

Thank you in advance.
JK