Hi Uwe!

On Fri, 20 Jan 2006, Uwe Laverenz wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2006 at 11:11:22AM -0800, Justin Meyer wrote:
>
> > Has anyone else encountered this issue? Does anyone have any
> > suggestions as to how I might resolve it?
>
> I have similar problems with imagick and also with xslt. These two
> modules make php segfault e.g. when installing pear-ports. The problem
> seems to exist only on machines with ldap-setup (nss_ldap, pam_ldap). Do
> you run your machine with nss_ldap?

Oh hell no; I'm not into that kind of pain :) Just plain ol' /etc/passwd
here, thanks!

> Solutions? I have mailed the php-maintainer about the problem but got
> no response. I don't think it would help to additionally make a PR, so
> for me there are 2 possible ways to solve this:
>
> 1) don't use imagick or xslt

Well, in truth I don't *need* this module, just thought it'd be useful,
but still, this bugs the shit out of me...

> 2) don't use FreeBSD for PHP-development

.. b-b-but I *like* FreeBSD! Nope, not gonna abandon this platform. If I
don't hear from anyone else anytime soon, I'll take this to -ports and
see what they say.

Thanks, Uwe; at least I know I'm not alone :)

--
Justin