I have been trying to make some audio CDs from wav files and keep running into difficulties that aren't apparent until its too late.

Symptomatically, here's what happens. I burn the CD with cdrecord, specifying that the files are audio files (I have played them with wavplay and they're fine). I get one track to record, but all subsequent tracks won't play in a CD player or computer. I just noise (sounds like the digital equivalent of a record skipping).

here's the command I have used:

sudo /usr/local/bin/cdrecord -pad -audio -vv speed=0 -eject dev=0,1,0 *wav

--
Paul Beard: seeking UNIX/internet engineering work
<http://paulbeard.no-ip.org/paulbeard.html>

Disclaimer: "These opinions are my own, though for a small fee they be
yours too."
-- Dave Haynie