On Thu, Dec 19, 2002 at 09:56:40AM -0600, Shane Kinney wrote:
> I'm certainly no expert on ppp, however, it seems that your going to
> want to add a dns entry to the /etc/resolv.conf file.  Talk to your ISP
> and find out what you need to use for a dns server, then add the
> information like this:
>
> nameserver 201.101.101.101
>
> Or whatever they give you for an IP address.  Don't know if that will
> solve all of your problems but it will help eventually :)

well, my ISP does support giving out DNS server addresses if it is
asked to, and i did `enable dns' in /etc/ppp/ppp.conf, so i think
i shouldn't need to put anything to /etc/resolv.conf.  i tried out
putting some nameserver addresses there (asking my ISP), but no, it
didn't work out :-(  i think i should talk to some guys there and
see if they can help me out.  thanks for your help anyway

--
People must not do things for fun.  We are not here for fun.  There is
no reference to fun in any Act of Parliament.