Short version:

Does anyone have an ASUS P5RD1-VM on-board NIC or the Realtek 8201 chip working with 6-stable? If so, which driver did you use?

Details:

I needed another quick and cheap box, so the other day I bought a ASUS P5RD1-VM motherboard on sale for almost nothing and booted up the 6.0-RELEASE CD. (I'll upgrade it to stable when I get the network interface working.)

There is a built-in NIC which is apparently a Realtek RTL8201CL PHY, although `pciconf -lv` says Acer Labs perpetrated it. In either case, it's not listed on the hardware compatibility list and it isn't found at boot time by a GENERIC kernel:

   pci0: <network, ethernet> at 27.0 (no driver attached)

The link light is on and the BIOS assigns it an IRQ so it does seem to be enabled and working at the firmware level.

I googled around for quite awhile and found a lot of questions about the 8201, but no answers and no indication that there is a FreeBSD driver for it.

So, does anyone have any pointers about which, if any, driver might work with this motherboard's built-in ethernet interface?