# [EMAIL PROTECTED] / 2002-12-29 22:19:08 -0700:
> Hello all.  I have a freebsd box I'm using as a router for my subnet.  I have
> this freebsd router doing nat and dhcp assinging internal ip addresses for
> the computers on the network (i.e. 192.168.x.x).  This box is also a web
> server for a registered domain name.  My probelm is that when someone wants
> to connect to my web site the dns gives them the internal ip of the FreeBSD
> box and not the external ip of the router.  Can someone tell me how I get the
> FreeBSD's dns to point to the external ip address for my doimain?  Thanks
> much.

    you are talking about the so-called "split horizon", where the
    information returned by the content server differs based on the IP
    of the resolver. configuration is of course software dependent.

    djbdns:

    http://homepages.tesco.net/~J.deBoynePollard/FGA/dns-split-horizon.html

    bind has a facility called "views" which should be able to provide
    similar results.