I just recently started using portsnap in lieu of cvsup on my ports
tree for FreeBSD-6.0-RELEASE.  I thought it was supposed to be more
efficient than cvsup, but I'm finding it to be worse.  I followed the
directions from the Handbook that say to run "portsnap fetch update"
to update the ports tree (assuming it's already been set up
previously, which I did a couple weeks ago)... but when the fetch
finished, it told me that I needed to "run extract before update".

Unfortunately, extract takes forever to run, so this is much worse
than running cvsup.

Am I doing something wrong?  I thought I was following the directions
in the Handbook.  I ran extract the first time I did it, before
running update, why do I need to run it again?
--
Peggy Wilkins
[EMAIL PROTECTED]