Lars Udo wrote:

> My desktop is FreeBSD 6.0-RELEASE and laptop has NetBSD 3.0 with standalone
> X & few apps just to survive if
> my desktop-pc is down. I'm planning to change into FreeNX if it gives any
> advantage, but that would require to replace my laptop with freebsd as
> it is
> my favorite OS that has FreeNX client.
>
> Is it possible to keep up with this setup with changin all the wires with
> wireless-future. If WAP/WEP is the problem, couldn i just leave it out and
> use IPsec, or ssh instead? Or is WAP/WEP mandatory, or is it just enough if
> i set tight firewall-rules on both ends of wlan with IPsec, so no one could
> intrude into my system.

FreeNX uses ssh already, and you can enable SSL in it also, so it sounds
to me that it's a matter of restricting access from and to your wireless
(ip-address/mac-address e.g.)

(if you're really paranoid : WEP is cracked already, and certain setups
of WPA are also not so secure :-)

--
grtjs, albi
gpg-key: lynx -dump http://scii.nl/~albi/gpg.asc | gpg --import