On Tuesday, 16 May 2006 at 10:02:07 -0400, Matt Juszczak wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to use a Dell D810 with xorg and multiple monitors.  The two
> monitors I have are the internal laptop screen, and an external Dell
> monitor hooked up through the docking station.
>
> Windows was able to display content on both monitors, so I'm sure there's
> a way to do it with xorg and freebsd.  However, I am not sure where to
> start because of the fact that I'm using a docking station....

I'm having similar problems with an Inspiron 6000.  It can provide
output to the monitor, but I haven't found any way to persuade X.org
to use the scan rates I specify.  This is a Radeon card.  pciconf -vl
says:

[EMAIL PROTECTED]:0:0: class=0x030000 card=0x20031028 chip=0x54601002 rev=0x00
hdr=0x00
    vendor   = 'ATI Technologies Inc'
    device   = 'Mobility Radeon X300'
    class    = display