Hi,
FreeBSD 6.1-RELEASE, cups-1.1.23.0_1, HP 1100 LaserJet

I've found quite a bit of information about how to deal with:
"Interrupt storm detected in "irq7:"; throttling interrupt source"

Problem is, it's a little confusing.
From what I've gathered, the options are:
Use the BIOS to set the printer port to ECP,
Use lptcontrol to set the port to polled mode,
Use device.hints to do both

IIRC, in the past, I have used lptcontrol to set polled mode, but that resulted in:
"too many stray irq7's, not logging any more"

Can anyone suggest a method to make both "interrupt storm" and "too many stray irq7's" go away?

--
Thanks,
Charles