On Thu, 1 Jun 2006, Murray Taylor wrote:

-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] On Behalf Of
Andrew McNaughton

On Wed, 31 May 2006, Bill Moran wrote:

On Wed, 31 May 2006 23:22:16 +1200 (NZST) Andrew McNaughton
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

portaudit gives me alerts when security issues arise in installed
ports, and portversion keeps me abreast of less critical updates.
It's a whole lot easier than the old situation of tracking the
security lists every day.

Is there a comparably easy way to track available and critical
upgrades for the FreeBSD core?

[EMAIL PROTECTED]  Very low traffic, but
important stuff
you need to know comes through those channels.

I do that, but my mailbox gets lots of traffic.  Sometimes I
miss something, and as far as I know, there's then no way
system to keep reminding me, nor a way to quickly check the
current state of play.

I find that using folders / pidgeon holes that the mailer
can filter things into works well. I have a freebsd-question,
freebsd-small
etc etc . The rules then presort inbound for me .. and
if it doesnt match a rule it lands in the normal INBOX..

Helpful I'm sure, but I'm not new to email.

I've got extensive filtering in place, but there's a lot of irregular stuff that doesn't match rules, and sorting stuff like security-announce into a separate mailbox would just put it out of sight where it's easier to miss.

Andrew

Andrew McNaughton           http://www.scoop.co.nz/
[EMAIL PROTECTED]          Mobile: +61 422 753 792
                            pgp keyid: 1C7A8CFD
--
"We are trying to figure out how you conduct a war against something
other than a nation-state and how ... you conduct a war in countries