-----Original Message-----
From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
[mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]] On Behalf Of Hari Bhaskaran
Sent: Friday, January 03, 2003 6:24 PM
To: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: Re: incoming bandwidth limiting using ipfilter

> Hari:
>
> I think you are going to find that rate-limiting at the box won't
> provide any fiscal relief.  The packets have already traversed your
> ISP's interface where the accounting is taking place.
>
> Mike

That's bad. But if the machine doesn't accept more than N packets/sec,
why would the ISP router forward any more packets to it? I wouldn't
know the internals, but isn't there any kind of flow control in the
protocol?

--
Hari Bhaskaran

(Mike, although I have cc-ed the list