Derek Ragona wrote:
The halt could be anything from bad RAM, or other IRQ issues. This begs the question as to why this board is not in use?

You should be able to update the BIOS from a floppy or cd-rom boot disk. You can take your pick at bootdisk.org

The general rule with ram is you can run faster ram than you need, just usually wastes money that faster RAM costs. But speed isn't the only issue with ram, some are ECC or non-ECC, plus the CAS timing can be different. So your RAM while it seems to work,may not be quite right.

        -Derek