On Jan 3 Fuzzy wrote:

> we're having a problem with some cracker using addresses
> harvested from whois and the "abuse/www/webmaster" with
> domains they get from the database. The mail appears to
> come from us but it cannot as the addresses are oneway incoming
> only.
>
> the subject is always
>
> "XXX templates"
[...]

Try with this at the end of your sendmail.mc
(don't forget to rebuild the sendmail.cf file and restart sendmail)

LOCAL_CONFIG

C{RejectSubject}                XXX templates

LOCAL_RULESETS

HSubject:                       $>CheckSubject

SCheckSubject
R$={RejectSubject}              $#error $@ 5.1.3 $: "554 Header error"
R$*                             $@ OK

        -andrew