I noticed that someone asked questions concerning VMware on FreeBSD which was my first realization that the two even go together. I have the opportunity to advocate FreeBSD as a possible replacement to run that software as a parting shot in the next week prior to finally retiring from that organization. They are a very large windows operation but are putting in some Linux/VMware to reduce the windows server hardware platforms (I already know that this is of dubious value when they could natively migrate and just eliminate the servers, efficiency is not an option in the corporate world paradigms).

Before I actually recommend they do this on ~80 servers, I would like to verify that it really can be done to move to a FreeBSD 6.1 RELEASE/ VMware environment to support W2K3 and E2K3 on a virtual machine? Has anyone done this? _______________________________________________