Jerlique Bahn wrote:
Actually mrtg is used to graph the results of the program that I am looking
for.
So to clarify my initial request, what I am seeking recommendations for is
the program that collects the information, such as server load, temperature,
open tcp connections etc of the freebsd server itself.

I already have the program to process the data, of which part of this
solution is mrtg.
net-snmp will do this for you over a network, if that's what you are after. There are additional MIBs to cover most/all of the things you list, and it's not too hard to extend with any custom monitoring you need (I've extended mine to monitor some qmail-specific variables, for instance). It's in ports as net-mgmt/net-snmp.

There's quite a bit of overlap between some data-processing apps and the data-collection part though. For instance, Cacti is a MRTG-alike with a nice web UI, but it also has some of the data collection scripts you might need, similarly with Remstats, if it is still developed. Either way, it'd be an unusual data-collection/data-processing admin tool that didn't understand SNMP.

Best Regards,

Howie