Wei Chong Yeo wrote:
1)May I know the threading model of FreeBSD 6? Is it user, kernel or hybrid?

FreeBSD 5 included the first work with "Kernel Scheduled Entities", a
"kernel-supported threading system similar in design to Scheduler Activations". IANAE, but probably "hybrid" is the best answer.

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/man.cgi?query=kse&apropos=0&sektion=0&manpath=FreeBSD+5.0-current&format=html
http://www.freebsd.org/kse/index.html
http://www.aims.net.au/chris/kse/

2)Could you also tell me the difference between FreeBSD 5.0, 6.0 and the
>  future version?

The higher the number, the better it is :-D

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/version-guide/index.html
http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/5-roadmap/index.html

and

http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/cvsweb.cgi/   ;-)

also how is it different from Windows?

Now, that's a religious question. ;-)

I can point you here,

http://www.freebsd.org/doc/en_US.ISO8859-1/articles/explaining-bsd/index.html

but it's a tad old.  Gotta run, good luck
with your "questions"!

Kevin Kinsey

--
One can't proceed from the informal to the formal by formal means.