Paul Hamilton wrote:
Hi,
I need to monitor a number of IP addresses, so that if they ALL go down (say
three IP's), then that is a pretty good indication that my server has lost
internet connectivity.  [snip]
Any idea's on a ping tool or simple script?

Your test would be a little simpler if you just test one IP address: your ISP's upstream router. Its reachability is quite definitive re: whether your ISP link is up or down.

Even it it's assigned dynamically by DHCP, you should be able to write a script that pulls that IP, pings it a few times, and checks the result. No special tools necessarily required.

South Central Library System (SCLS)
Library Interchange Network (LINK)
<gregb at scls.lib.wi.us>, (608) 266-6348