On 7/7/06, O. Hartmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Pietro Cerutti wrote:
> On 7/7/06, O. Hartmann <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Hello out here,
>> sorry bothering you with some standard issues ...
>>
>> I ran into trouble with a routine from <string.h>.
>
> No, from stdlib.h
>
> man strtod says:
> SYNOPSIS
>     #include <stdlib.h>
>

>> #include <stdio.h>
>> #include <math.h>
>> #include <string.h>
>
> #include <stdlib.h> will solve your problems...

Yes, it does.
Thanks ...
I wonder why the compiler did not moan about a unknow call ...

Because it could be an error or not, depending on what standard are you using.
In C89 a function without a prototype is implicitly declared.
This is not true if your're working in C99.

Using cc with -Wimplicit as option will show you warnings about
implicit function declarations..

Using cc with -Wall as option is usually good practice....

Thnaks a lot,
oh

--
Pietro Cerutti