On Sat, 8 Jul 2006, Eric wrote:

User Freebsd wrote:

I just put a linksys router in place, so that we could use our wireless laptop, well, wireless ... now, I seem to be getting timeouts on my ssh connections when they are idle, but timeouts that I never received when I had my desktop directly connected to the cable modem ...

I've looked at the settings for the Linksys, and can't find anything that might be related ... is there some keepalive that the linksys might be blocking, or something else that I can do to keep the connection from dropping?

Thanks ...

Putty has an option to send keep alives every few seconds as does SecureCRT.

Those are, ummm, Windows clients, right? :)

I'm using OpenSSH on a FreeBSD desktop ... does it have similar? :)

----