Hello,

On Sun, 2003-01-05 at 19:30, Magnus Johansson wrote:
> Hi
>
> Yes, this is the 4.7 GENERIC kernel, and according to LINT, PCI_ENABLE_IO_MODES is
>compiled into the kernel.
>
> In /etc/rc.conf I have:
> ifconfig_dc0 = "inet numbers.of.my.public.ip-address netmask 255.255.255.0"
> ifconfig_dc1 = "inet 192.168.1.1 netmask 255.255.255.0"
>
> It is after these statements are executed that I start seeing the reported messages,
>I have to do <CTRL-C> to even get to login prompt.
>
> IRQ 11 is also used by the SCSI-controller, removing that controller completely
>doesn't make any difference, still the same messages.
> IRQ 5 is also used by the USB-controller on the mobo.

Been googling and found the following information:
"Finally, the BE6-II, like the BE6 before it, includes the ability to
manually assign IRQs. This is important, as it is often the only way to
resolve problems in the case of an IRQ conflict."

You might want to look into whether or not you are able to ensure unique
IRQ values for each attached PCI device as a start.

Also (and this is something becoming more prevalent now) you need to
determine if the FA310TX requires a bus-mastering PCI slot in order to
function.. As such, you'd want to check with the BE6-11's manual to hwo
this is organized amongst the available slots. For most boards (should
there be only one) slot 1 is usually the slot that does this.

Regards,

Stacey

--
Stacey Roberts