Philippe Lang wrote:
[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
Hi all,

Just doing some early morning brainstorming, and my crazy thought of
the day is this:
My life would be so much easier if I could just get rid of my
stupid PIX firewalls, and replace them what I know and love:
FreeBSD. It's not that the PIX's have been causing me
problems or anything like that, it's just that I believe in
streamlining whenever possible, and since we've already
exterminated Microsoft in my server room for at least 3
years, the only thing left that's not running FreeBSD are my
appliances (firewalls and switches) and 2 leftover legacy
servers still running Redhat that haven't been worth the
effort to migrate to FreeBSD. I'm a one-man shop, and I can
survive using the PIX IOS when I have to, but would just as
soon use BSD if I could. Questions:

1) If I did this, I would probably only do it if I could
figure out how to rack up some diskless servers to my 2-post
communications rack. Any thoughts on hardware candidates, etc.?

2) If I did this, maybe it would be wiser to go with OpenBSD
instead, since it is known for security?

3) Any good tutorials on setting up a diskless servers for
Free/OpenBSD?
4) Any other considerations?

5) Am I just being stupid and should I just keep my PIX's
going? I know, I know, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Hi,

Maybe a good start for you would be to have a look at http://www.m0n0.ch/wall/.
WOW!!!!!! This is exactly what I was looking for and more! Can't wait to start trying it out! Thanks!

Cheers,