On Jul 26, 2006, at 5:46 PM, Chris T. wrote:
I am trying to create a home mail gateway. First thing is getting it to relay messages to my ISP as if I had connected directly to the isp in the first place.

Set:

relayhost = [mailserver.isp.net]

...in main.cf.

That is without adding any information to headers to reveal that it went through my smtp server.

It's a requirement for MTAs to add Received: headers as the mail passes through them to avoid mailing loops. Trying to subvert this is a bad idea...

I also want to create a repositry of sent email for logging purposes. I'm trying to look up the documentation and searching for messages that would answer what I want to do but it's a chicken and egg senerio in that I don't know the correct terms for the answers to search to find the answers. Any help is appreciated.

Normally, your mail client will keep track of all Sent messages if you configure it properly. That's a better choice than having the MTA do it, but you can look into the content_filter mechanism to archive mail which passes through if you really want to do so.

--
-Chuck