Well sort of.  That only prevents them from recompiling and updating if
you do a build/install world.  I realize I'm probably requiring more
control than is natural, but I don't want sendmail to have ever been
installed in the first place.  But really, it goes beyond that.  The
FreeBSD crew, has decided for us the list of apps they consider to be
"part of" the OS.  Some contributed, some developed by themselves, some
standard unix tools, etc...However, that leaves the rest of us cleaning
out these apps that we didn't want in the first place.  Don't get me
wrong, I love FreeBSD, but this particular aspect of it is driving me up
a wall.  I'm trying to figure out how to get the most bare install
possible, and then from there, add things on that I want.  It would seem
that this would be easier for them than harder.  And a nice little app
to control what actually goes into the install.  I know, really there is
probably little effect on the system to have things on it that are not
used.  However, to some that's considered a security breach, to me, it
also just bothers me.  What if I don't want rcp to be installed on my
system at all?  There are a million and one of these little apps,
utilities, etc...I can understand that some are standard.  However, they
can be categorized, and selected.  I'm probably the only person that
wants this level of control.  So, sorry for wasting everyone's time...

Peace.

-Daniel