--- David Banning
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> I am installing a new server and have to copy many
> files from old server
> to new. I have connected a windows box to each via
> samba, and am dragging
> from one to the other via the windows box.
>
> This might seem like a silly question, but what is
> the way to copy
> -directly- from one fbsd box to another?

 If you have a secured connection I like using rcp.
(complied without the evil conversion to using scp)
 scp works too but has more overhead and for rsh
maintains permissions better. (I think)

 One thing to keep in mind is that if you are copying
OS files, you may run into files that have the file
(immutable) flags set such that even as root, you
cannot update or overwrite them while in multiuser.
(see chflags)

 Hope this helps.

 Nicole

The Large Print Giveth And The Small Print Taketh Away
 -- Anon