I tried to setup my own mail and smtp-server with help from this webpage: http://www.puresimplicity.net/~hemi/freebsd/sendmail.html . I sucessfully installed imap-uw and I got it up successfully. Allthough the stmp-part doesn't work for 100% yet: I can send mail as root :

# mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Subject: test
test
.
EOT

This works perfectly, allthough when I try to mail as user it doesn't work:

$ mail [EMAIL PROTECTED]
usertest
.
EOT
$ /etc/mail/submit.cf: line 0: cannot open: Permission denied

The same is visible in /var/log/maillog :

Aug 5 00:01:39 FStaals sendmail[12047]: NOQUEUE: SYSERR(frank): /etc/mail/submit.cf: line 0: cannot open: Permission denied

I'm not sure what I should do to get it working properly, but I don't think it's something big. I tried googling but that didn't turn up anything usefull. Can someone point out what I'm doing wrong ?

Thanks in advance

--
-Frank Staals