Ron Clark wrote:
>    Hello all,
>

>    I am building a new web server= and have gotten Mysql, Apache and
>    PHP (php5-extensions) loaded from the p=rts. However, Apache is not
>    picking up my index.php file. Is there a step =omewhere that I have
>    missed? I have added
>
>        A=dType application/x-httpd-php .php .phtml
>        AddType =pplication/x-httpd-php-source .phps
>

>    to the httpd.conf f=le, still no luck.
>

>    Thanks in advance.
>
>    RC =0D

I wrote a tutorial for this a while back and looked through it again
when I saw your post.  It is located here:
 http://www.averageadmins.com/2006/04/10/famp-freebsd-apache-mysql-and-php

The only other thing I saw in my tutorial that you didn't mention here
is to add index.php to the DirectoryIndex directive within your
httpd.conf file.

Try that, if you haven't already, and let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Jeff Cross
http://www.averageadmins.com/