Hi,

I am trying to install the JDK 1.5.0 port inside of a FreeBSD 6.1 Jail.
(/usr/ports/java/jdk15) I have linux compat configured on the main host on
the box, along with the linprocfs enabled. Chad Shire had posted about this
same issue before, stating that he posted the answer earlier in the
archives; however, I can not find it.

Current pertinent mounts:

linprocfs                   4       4        0   100%
/usr/compat/linux/proc
/usr/compat          66769520 6185766 55242194    10%
/usr/jails/ox1.immense.net/compat
linprocfs                   4       4        0   100%
/usr/jails/ox1.immense.net/compat/linux/proc

ox1# make install
===>  Building for jdk-1.5.0p3_3
ERROR: You must have LINPROCFS mounted before
starting to build the native JDK 1.5.0.

You may do it with the following commands:

# kldload linprocfs

and

# mount -t linprocfs linprocfs /compat/linux/proc

*** Error code 1

Any insight?

Thank you

Bret J. Esquivel