On 8/18/06, Jerry McAllister <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> Anybody have any strong opinions on this for a freebsd 6.1 web server? We
> are currently using a 2.40GHz celeron which is fairly slow. I'm hesitant
> to switch to 64 bits, are there any gotchas for freeBSD?

What are you doing that would make that seem slow?
Are you sure it is the processor and not some other
part that is the bottleneck, such as disk or NIC or
your pipe to the outside world (ISP)?

He's probably running a big PHP web app... If so try eaccelerator
first, it's in ports under www/eaccelerator. It's an opcode cache for
PHP... should give you a major speed boost.

--
BSD Podcasts @:
http://bsdtalk.blogspot.com/