If the NIC being disabled is your only problem, check your /etc/rc.conf settings.

        -Derek

At 07:38 AM 8/25/2006, Malcolm Fitzgerald wrote:
When I upgraded from 5.x to 6 I messed things up. The first problem that I had was that I couldn't access localhost in my web browser. I made changes to many config files as I followed suggestions. Now it is worse, the NIC is disabled at startup, so I have to pop into KDE control center and enable it if I want to access the net.

Everything else works nicely.

What is the easiest way for me to start with a clean slate?

malcolm

believed to be clean.

believed to be clean.