On 8/25/06, Giorgos Keramidas <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
On 2006-08-25 15:24, Kyrre Nyg?rd <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> At 21:09 24.08.2006, Matti J. Karki wrote:
>
> >Well, my scripts aren't magic. They are pretty simple. Here's few (not
> >scripts, these are valid Vim regexps):
>
> Those are great regexps, Matti, thank you so much.
>
> They have been noteworthy recorded!
>
> Say, could I use these with Sed let's say in a Bash script?
>
> One more question about :%s/^ *$//g versus :%s/ *$//g,
> won't the latter here perform the job of the former?

They are different for a reason, I guess:

The first one matches lines that only have spaces (it fails
spectacularly with lines that have a mix of TAB vs. SPACE characters
though, unless you pre-expand TABs).

The second one only removes trailing SPACEs from a line.

Yes, you are correct.

However, the latter of those regexps should do the job of the former,
so Kyrre was also right.

I just play safe with regexps.

       -Matti