On Mon, Sep 04, 2006 at 05:23:05AM +0200, P.U.Kruppa wrote:
> On Mon, 4 Sep 2006, Wei Hu wrote:
>
> >When will Freebsd support unicode? Freebsd 7?
> What exactly do you want be supported? In my /usr/share/locale/ I can see
> some
> UTF-8 directories.
>
> Regards,
>
> Uli.

> * Peter Ulrich Kruppa - Wuppertal - Germany *

When will atkbd and syscons drivers support multibyte character encoding?
I want exactly one key to produce a sequence of bytes (one unicode character),
and a sequence of bytes (one unicode character) to be mapped to one symbol
on a screen.

E. g., Red Hat linux console driver has such usefull possibilities
for many years.
They are usefull not for unicode only, but for escape
sequences generated by Alt+<any key> also.

Regards,
Elisej Babenko