*This message was transferred with a trial version of CommuniGate(r) Pro*
Joel Adamson wrote:
Dear List,

I need to get the internet up and running on my new FreeBSD6.1 install.  I'm
using a Belkin F5D7050 wireless adapter that is not recognized as a network
interface in install.  This thing works perfectly with ndiswrapper under linux,
which is how I'm writing this message.

I tried using NDISulator (ndis), following the handbook instructions to the
keystroke and when I submit the last step

kldload if_ndis

I get "cannot load if_ndis: file exists"

What does this mean and how do I get it to actually work?

Thank you very much,
Joel
Joel J. Adamson
Unfortunately, I don't know what's the reason of this bug, but i have found a way to get over it. I had the same problems with my MSI PC11B2 adapter. try this method, using ndisgen:

ndisgen
... here we answer interactive questions and get tnet1130_sys.ko on out...
  cp tnet1130_sys.ko /boot/kernel/
  kldload ndis
  kldload if_ndis
  kldload tnet1130_sys

for automatic load write the following into /boot/loader.conf :
ndis_load="YES"
  if_ndis_load="YES"
  tnet1130_sys_load="YES"

this method had helped me, i think it'll work in your case too.

--
With best regards, Alexander Sashurin a.k.a. ZetRooT or ZetDaemonRoot - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - | Mailto: [EMAIL PROTECTED] |
| ICQ: 258820442                       |