--- "Brian J. McGovern" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> All,
>       I've been browsing the FreeBSD site looking for a
> system I can
> embed in the car. Optimally, it will do video output
> via a RCA cable (ala your
> VCR) so I can plug it in to one of the new Alpine
> radios with an AUX in. Input
> will probably come via a USB gaming pad (arrow keys,
> a few buttons, and 16-20
> keys). I'd like to have bluetooth and 802.11b/g for
> communicating with a base
> station and the in car GPS and phone audio systems.
> USB (4-6 ports) would
> be perfect - I can get the keyboard, bluetooth,
> 802.11g, and ODB II
> connectors in without a hub. Most I've seen boot
> from compact flash, but
> booting from a USB thumb drive or SD ram would also
> be useful. Audio would
> also be nice, but I can get away with the bluetooth
> link.
>
>       The form factor should be as small as possible for
> under-seat,
> behind-dash, or trunk installation.
>
>       I've seen the Soekris systems, and they're at a
> good price point, but
> while they'd support most of what I'd need, they
> don't seem to have RCA video
> output, which would be a major plus for real time
> color displays of status and
> information (has anyone played with the USB video
> options available? Does
> FreeBSD support them?)
>
>       Suggestions? Comments? Projects already done?
>
>       -Brian
> "[EMAIL PROTECTED]"

sorry about the blank one I dropped/catched the
keyboard with the wrong anykey...

http://www.aaeon.com/?TabIndex=Products&TabID=Detail&Cate_ID={AEEE87FC-762C-45F1-AC39-54000B62A180}&Item_ID={88258D2F-17B8-4FA5-80D3-31E93126D326}&Product_ID={EE4FC77D-FCFD-40EE-AA27-3CFCEA592237}

is a PC104 board I found that seems to do what you
want. I've been comtemplating this for a while.
possibly when I finally fix my eldo... This might be a
little pricey I'm not certain. Good luck with the
project and keep us up to date. I am deffinately
interested in seeing one of these come to pass. if you
do opt for compact flash make sure its read-only, you
might want to use some sort of Harddrive. this one
does EIDE.

-brian