On Tue, 19 Sep 2006, Jonathan Chen wrote:

> On Mon, Sep 18, 2006 at 03:16:26PM -0400, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
> > Has anyone configure imap-uw to accept plaintext passwords? The options
> > listed
> > in the doumentation do not work. I have tried various combinations of
> > PASSWDTYPE, SSLTYPE, and WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT with no success.
> >
> > Or is there a better imap/pop daemon to use? Thanks for any help.
>
> You have to make sure that BOTH mail/imap-uw and mail/cclient have
> been compiled with "-DWITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT".
>
> Cheers.
> --
> Jonathan Chen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>                          Power corrupts, Absolute Power is pretty neat

That (eventually) did it - thanks. From reading the UW docs, I had tried:

   make WITH_SSL_AND_PLAINTEXT=yes

which looked liked reading the make file do the right thing. What's the
difference or where can I read about it? I other confusion came from having to
restart inetd. I would have thought that was not necessary.

Thanks for all the subbestions the others are topics for a new thread after I
RTFM some to get a bit smarter.

_____
Douglas Denault
http://www.safeport.com