On Thursday 21 September 2006 06:12, Walt Pawley wrote:
> At 11:47 PM -0500 9/20/06, W. D. wrote:
> >Just reading this about Linux on ZDNet and was wondering:
> ><http://news.zdnet.com/2100-9593_22-6117479.html?part=rss&tag=feed&subj=zd
> >nn>
>
> Cybernetic floobydust, IMHO.

If you read what the banker says: " for each thousandth of a second that its
trading software can act faster than competitors' software, the company would
see $100 million a year in new revenue."

It seems to me that they are really misunderstanding the problem. What they
need is a system that's fast most of the time, rather than one that meets an
arbitary deadline all the time. In other words they need a fast system, not a
realtime system.