[EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
From: Steve Warwick <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

I have a bazillion of these kernel messages showing up in my logs...

Jan  9 13:53:30 la last message repeated 7 times
Jan  9 13:59:21 la /kernel: arp: 00:05:32:0e:64:12 attempts to modify
permanententry for 12.158.234.65 on rl0

I know rl0 is my ethernet but I don't host the .65 address. I have not seen
these before - does anyone know what these messages mean?

As always, advice and suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

Steve

No help here, but I get this (alot) and I've seen it discussed, but no resolution (if one is needed):
...../kernel: arp: [address] has moved to [different] address on [cable modem mac address]

I'd be interested in any suggestions, as well.
These are two different issues.
The "[address] has moved to [different] ..." message is simply caused by DHCP giving different addys
to different computer as they turn on and off on the cable network.  It's not really anything to be
concerned with.

I'm not sure what Steve's problem is, but it sounds like a something's wrong.  If I were you, I'd do
a little research to find out what computer has 00:05:32:0e:64:12 and see what software is running
on it.  That may get you pointed toward the cause/solution of the problem.

--
Bill Moran
Potential Technologies