On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 12:54, Nick Jennings wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 10, 2003 at 12:48:28PM -0500, Joe Marcus Clarke wrote:
> > On Fri, 2003-01-10 at 12:44, Nick Jennings wrote:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > >  I am using FreeBSD 4.7 and am experiencing a strange X lockup that I am
> > >  able to reproduce. When I am using Mozilla, in X (doesn't matter what
> > >  window manager I am using) and I have *allot* of tabs open, probably
> > >  allot of the sites have javascripts etc. Sometimes, and I haven't noticed
> > >  any pattern in what I am doing other than having allot of tabs open
> > >  (probably 20+), X completely hangs.
> >
> > Do you have any strange fonts loaded?  There have been reports of X
> > crashes when Mozilla is used with non-standard X fonts.
>
>  I'm not too sure, I know I do try to get as many fonts as possible, but
>  I don't know which mozilla is using. How can I find this information
>  out to post to this thread?

Well, fonts generally reside in /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/fonts.  You can see
what your font path is by doing xset q.  If you have any non-standard
font directories configured, remove them, and see if the problem goes
away.  If you've added non-standard fonts to any of the standard
directories, you'll probably have to remove all font dirs, and reinstall
all the XFree86 font ports/packages.

Joe