On Jan 10 at 11:18, [EMAIL PROTECTED] spoke:

> Hello all
>
> I am setting up a network at home, and I'd like the following configuration:
>
> outside--DHCP-->firewall (trihomed)--(10 net)-->LAN
>                    |___>DMZ (private IP?)
>
> Is this feasible?  I saw some references that said the DMZ has to be a public IP,
>and others that [I think] said it was possible to use a private IP for  the DMZ.
>Could someone clear this up for me?

The DMZ may be in a private address space.
But if clients from outside should be able to connect to some hosts
in the DMZ they must be made available by a public address of yours
on the outside interface of the firewall. You can accomplish this by
NAT.

-Hanspeter