On 10/9/06, Bob Willcox <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Hi All,

I would like to upgrade the firmware on my Areca ARC-1210 SATA RAID
card. Has anyone out there done this, and if so, do you have any advice
on doing it?

I have downloaded a program called archttp32 that appears to be a
FreeBSD 4.2 32-bit version of the Arec http proxy server but I really
need a 64-bit version (I suppose that would be called archttp64),
preferably build on FreeBSD 6.1 (or thereabouts).

Any tips, pointers, advice, or warnings would be greatly appreciated.

IIRC the new driver (1.20.00.12) supports automatic firmware upgrades.
I have some patches floating around in the freebsd PR database that
will sync the default driver (version 1.20.00.02) in FreeBSD 6.x to
the latest areca sources, which is 1.20.00.12. I never tested this
feature... It may blow your card up :-)