Hello,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2006, Erik Norgaard wrote:

The target directory for the build is /usr/obj, so in /usr/obj/usr/src/sys you can see what kernels have been built.

And it seems none have? For I get this when I do ls I can see only boot directory and no kernels. Is it possible that the buildprocess failed though it did not explicitly tell me about it? From what I recall one of the last lines pritned by buildkernel was
chmod 444 freebsd.submit.cf

But I can be plain wrong. Cannot recall it and do not know how to check it.

Now BEWARE! One thing is the filename of the kernel config, another thing is the string set in the "ident" parameter in the config file.

I think I have it correctly:

machine         i386
#cpu            I486_CPU
#cpu            I586_CPU
cpu             I686_CPU
ident           LISTS

Thanks again for your patience.

If you think it is best, I will try an approach suggested by Spyros.

--
Zbigniew Szalbot