I realize this is a bit open-ended. But I need some advice anyway as I need to make a final decision on using FreeBSD 6.1 on a production server. I have a new Sun x4100 server. 2 x dual core Opterons with 8 GB RAM. I need to run MySQL 5, a single threaded HTTP server, and a few other single threaded daemons. This server will have lots of long living sockets for one of the single threaded servers. Other than that, its not outside normal usage bounds. I would like feedback on overall performance from anyone who has used FreeBSD 6.1 with hardware similar to this. I'm not a guy who cares about getting the last 10% of performance out of a server. I am happy to trade performance for maintainability and a little peace of mind.

btw, I'm not tried to start another "FreeBSD has poor SMP" flame-fest.

any thoughts?
 thanks, ke han