Other alternatives:
- use Bacula for a full fledged backup solution,
- taking the image of the drives containing the OS is definitely a good idea.

not for incremental backup, otherwise ok

- rdiff-backup - it's actually REALLY good for incremental backups . I'm using
it with 6GB+ encrypted drives and the saving is quite good (though calculating
the binary difference takes a while). There's a web interface to manage it
remotely,etc. quite nice.

if it's managed by "web interface" instead of something normal like command line, it's not good, at least for me.