On Mon, 30 Oct 2006 12:08:35 +0800
"Sherry Zhang" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> but actually I think it _is_ a problem of freebsd.
> when I use Debian GNU/Linux operating system without the ATI fglrx driver
> installed,
> I use the similar xorg.conf [remove the Modes "1280x800" and Modeline] and
> add Virtual 1280 800 and everything works file.
> but I try the same method in freebsd, only to find it failed to work.

Sherry, try this : stop your  X server, make a backup of your xorg.conf file,
then from a VT, as root, run xorgcf

you *should* be able to test on real time the resolutions that you can get to.

I am assuming, of course , that your monitor DOES handle that resolution...

{Beto|Norberto|Numard} Meijome

"The greatest dangers to liberty lurk in insidious encroachment by men of zeal,
well-meaning but without understanding." Justice Louis D. Brandeis

Warned.