http://nvd.nist.gov/nvd.cfm?cvename=CVE-2006-5824

Following the links around, it seems that you would have to mount a "corrupt" or
"malicious" filesystem in order to exploit this "vulnerability".

Yes, NIST claims there is no authentication required to exploit?  Are new
versions
of FreeBSD suddenly allowing unauthenticated users to mount filesystems by
default?
If so, something's wrong with my 6.1 workstation!

It seems like this is the 2nd or 3rd "vulnerability" I've seen that's been blown
out of proportion by NIST, or am I missing something?