When I installed ipfw recently, my wife complained that she
        couldn't reach outside.  --She has a DOS/Win laptop that is
        plugged into my hub.  It works fine without enabling the
        DHCP line in my ipf firewall.

        If I translate this line into ipfw, should dhcp bgin working
        for an arbitrary line::

# use next line if ISP uses DHCP
# pass in quick on dc0 proto udp from X.X.X.X/32 to any port = 68 keep state

        ??

        My other systems are presently hard-wired.

        Any ideas, pointers, thoughts, guesses very welcome.

        thanks in advance, everybody,

        gary

--
   Gary Kline     [EMAIL PROTECTED]   www.thought.org     Public service Unix