After some kind advice from this mail list, im trying to set up an amd
automount so that my external hard drive doesnt have to be on all the time for
the main server to boot.

My fstab for the drives (there is two drives contained within a Sun StorEdge
S1) reads:

/dev/da0s1b        none    swap    sw                0    0
/dev/da0s1d        /s            none    rw,noauto    0    0
/dev/da1s1b        none    swap    sw                    0    0
/dev/da1s2d        /t            none    rw,noauto    0    0

I've mkdir -p both /s and /t as mount points

I've then put the following lines into /etc/amd.map

localhost/s            type:=program:fs:=/s;\
mount:="/sbin/mount mount /s";\
unmount:="/sbin/umount umount /s"

localhost/t            type:=program:fs:=/t;\
 mount:="/sbin/mount mount /t";\
 unmount:="/sbin/umount umount /t"

And finaly I've added the following to ,y /etc/rc.conf

portmap_enable="YES"
amd_enable="YES"
amd_flags="-a /.amd_mnt -l syslog /host/etc/amd.map"

when i reboot the server the external drives are not mounted.

Am I missing a step here, or the point totally ??