On Dec 8, 2006, at 12:57 PM, Alexis Dorais-Joncas wrote:
I think you misunderstood my problem. I know how to install a port to a specific location using PREFIX. What I want to achieve is to have one port installed twice. For example, I want one whole instance of phpMyAdmin to be in /var/www/ and a whole other one in / home/someuser/. And I want both instances to be manageable with the package tools (such as portupgrade) in order to keep both updated easily.

You might want to consider using jails to have separate port tree installations.

--
-Chuck