On 12/13/06, Lane <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

Tuareg,

clearly sendmail is running.  That is indicated by "sendmail[41626]" in
your /var/log/sendmail log.

The question, of course, is how does it get started.  The answer is still
mysterious ... unless, of course, it is being managed by squid.  In that
case
it might not be running as a daemon process, but could be invoked by squid
when it needs to send mail.

That's exactly what is getting us crazy, "know how".

But I'm just guessing at this point.  I really don't know enough about squid
to give you an authoritative answer.

I've got to step out for a few hours, but I'll see what I can find out on
squid and get back to you in the morning.

lane

Thank you for your help and don't worry, we really appreciate all your help.

It's time to get some fresh air, and tomorrow bring our brains to get this
thing done.

Cheers.