----- Original Message -----
From: "John" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
To: "Drew Tomlinson" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
Sent: Tuesday, January 14, 2003 3:48 PM
Subject: Re: ftpd and Internet Explorer 6

> Drew-
> I missed the orig post somehow..
> So I'm curious how you attempted to use MSIE to get the file via FTP.
>
> If FTPD was configured correctly, it should have been as easy as typing
this
> in the address bad:
> ftp://USER:[EMAIL PROTECTED]/dir/file.name
> or just to the dir.. it should show up.

It was.  Everything was there except the symlink.  As a workaround, I copied
the files to the user's home directory and he was able to retrieve them.
It's just the symlink that wouldn't show.

> One thing to check, is that passive FTP is checked in Tools -> options ->
> advanced tab.

I didn't check that but it shouldn't matter as I could get the rest of the
files.  AFAIK, passive/active ftp settings wouldn't discriminate on symlinks
only.  They work on the connection as a whole and the fact that I could see
or get anything means that this wasn't an issue.

Thanks for your response.

Drew

> HTH,
> John Ricker

My

> > > Why not just use Apache and get the user to get the file via HTTP.
MSIE